- Logging into FCAT Explorer test prep and studying math facts online, like having a live-in tutor;
- Looking up words for a homework assignment, eliminating the need to carry around or house a big dictionary;
- Doing research for a school paper, saving me from a trip to the local library;
- Checking email about softball practice time and uniform, saving me from making multiple phone calls;
- Skyping with their Dad who was out of town, if he can’t be here guess it’s the next best thing and definitely better than snail mail;
- Chatting with friends on Facebook, nothing helpful or witty here, just fun;
- Playing games on the computer and texting friends on phones, of course a huge waste of time… Waz up? Nothin. What r u doin? Nothin... and so on to the tune of thousands of those types of useless exchanges monthly (thank goodness for unlimited text plans).
She is a frequent guest blogger for the Speak Up Be Safe Florida blog.